About the Proposed Pipeline Williams Transco has proposed a 23.4-mile pipeline project to expand its existing Transco transmission system to transport natural gas from the Marcellus Shale region through Raritan Bay to New York. If built, the pipeline will disrupt YOUR fishing, boating. and recreational activities! Construction of the pipeline would also disturb habitat for clams, horseshoe crabs, fish, and other marine animals. This is a step backwards for our energy policy and the environment by committing the region to more fossil fuel infrastructure projects that may be unnecessary or make it more difficult for renewables to enter the market. Read more →
If you have information about a potential environmental violation within the Hudson-Raritan Estuary you can call NY/NJ Baykeeper at 732-888-9870.
Please try to include as much information as possible as to the location and exact nature of the incident. If you prefer, you may contact us anonymously by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage you to contact government agencies to report the incident, especially if the incident is an emergency.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection 24-Hour Toll Free Hotline at 1-877-WARNDEP (1-877-927-6337).
- NJ Marine Police, Newark Bay, 973-578-8189
- US Coast Guard, 1.800.424.8802, Sandy Hook 732-872-0300.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation 24-Hour Toll Free Hotline at 1-800-TIPP DEC (1-800-847-7332).
- To report a chemical or oil spill call the NYSDEC 24-hour Hotline at 1-800-457-7362 (within NY State) or 518-457-7362 (outside NY State).
New York City
- Contact 311 for concerns or complaints regarding water, air, noise, sewer, industrial wastes, or hazardous materials. Outside of New York City call 212-NEWYORK (212-639-9675).
- US Coast Guard, 1-800-424-8802, Staten Island 718-354-4120.
- Additionally, you may contact the National Response Center (NRC) for spill response and remediation at 1-800-424-8802 or 202-267-2675. NRC is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills.