Greg Remaud, NY/NJ Baykeeper Deputy Director’s 6 Recommendations for Scenic Bike Rides Along the Raritan Bayshore: Staff Recommendations: We are excited to introduce a new initiative at NY/NJ Baykeeper – staff picks! Some our favorite things to explore, read, learn or taste in the NY-NJ Harbor Estuary. Our very own Deputy Director, Greg Remaud, kicks us off with his top picks for great scenic recreational bike rides near the Raritan Bayshore. These recommendations are for safe uncongested cycling routes meant to introduce those unfamiliar with the area to some of the countless natural, cultural and historic treats found along the Read more →
If you have information about a potential environmental violation within the Hudson-Raritan Estuary you can call NY/NJ Baykeeper at 732-888-9870.
Please try to include as much information as possible as to the location and exact nature of the incident. If you prefer, you may contact us anonymously by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage you to contact government agencies to report the incident, especially if the incident is an emergency.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection 24-Hour Toll Free Hotline at 1-877-WARNDEP (1-877-927-6337).
- NJ Marine Police, Newark Bay, 973-578-8189
- US Coast Guard, 1.800.424.8802, Sandy Hook 732-872-0300.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation 24-Hour Toll Free Hotline at 1-800-TIPP DEC (1-800-847-7332).
- To report a chemical or oil spill call the NYSDEC 24-hour Hotline at 1-800-457-7362 (within NY State) or 518-457-7362 (outside NY State).
New York City
- Contact 311 for concerns or complaints regarding water, air, noise, sewer, industrial wastes, or hazardous materials. Outside of New York City call 212-NEWYORK (212-639-9675).
- US Coast Guard, 1-800-424-8802, Staten Island 718-354-4120.
- Additionally, you may contact the National Response Center (NRC) for spill response and remediation at 1-800-424-8802 or 202-267-2675. NRC is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills.